ResponsibilitiesNorthwest Texas Healthcare System
is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Visit us online at: https://www.nwths.com/careers POSITION SUMMARY
Provides clerical and data management services for the Patient Care Unit as assigned, under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. Attends to the patient's direct care needs and performs tasks as delegated by the RN. Supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence Standards to all customer groups. PROVISION OF SERVICES
- Assists the RN with implementation of an age appropriate plan of care through tasks routinely delegated by the RN, based on the patient's condition and the individual's skills. Maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed. Assists the RN to provide an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and employees. The concepts of the patient centered care delivery model will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Provides clerical support, performs unit based medical records duties, and coordinates unit needs.
- • Challenging and rewarding work environment
- • Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
- • Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- • 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- • SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- • Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- • Tuition Reimbursement
- • Retention Bonus Program
- • Loan Forgiveness Program
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. QualificationsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, and write in English
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, and others
- Ability to remain calm under stress
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Bending, lifting (25 lbs. minimum), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, pulling, and squatting
- Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard/metric measurements)
- Sitting / standing for long periods of time
- Ability to repeatedly twist, squat, and stoop
- Reaching for and handling charts, reports and supplies
- Exposure to infectious organisms, agents and toxic chemicals
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of typing test
- Previous experience with medical terminology or completion of Health Unit Coordinator course required
- Current BLS certification upon hire and maintain certification throughout employment
- HWC and Verbal De-escalation within 30 days of hire and maintain certification throughout employment
- Must possess one of the following:
- CNA Certificate or equivalent certificate
- 2 years experience providing patient care
- EMT Certification
- Currently enrolled in LVN, ADN, or BSN School of Nursing with completion of Fundamentals
- Medical Assistant Certification
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means. EEO Statement
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. Notice
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuhs.alertline.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd7a306b32f7243f1bd4608d82cc6d79b%7C3d1686d1b444415a93fd1aab58a64f3a%7C1%7C0%7C637308579810986670&sdata=Cqoe6%2BeNfe428E6rWfm%2B%2BuYlGWTS%2BI2F2s%2Be8t%2B8obA%3D&reserved=0 > or 1-800-852-3449.