ResponsibilitiesNorthwest Physicians Group
employment opportunities are available in primary care and various specialties. When you are part of Northwest Physicians Group, you can expect a diverse, energetic work environment in which you can learn, grow and reach your full potential. Work with a team that values your expertise and strengths and expects you to contribute. Your compassionate colleagues are driven to impact every patient experience and improve processes. You will be working in an organization with a daily commitment to patients and their families to raise national standards of excellence.
Northwest Physicians Group formed in 2013 with a focus towards population health management. The group has grown to a network of over 40 providers serving patients at numerous primary, specialty and urgent care locations in Amarillo, Texas. Northwest Physicians Group is affiliated with Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a 495-bed system acute care hospital that serves approximately 650,000 residents of the Texas Panhandle and surrounding region. The system provides acute care services including: cardiac, pediatric, women's, emergency, surgical and behavioral healthcare.
Amarillo has a population of nearly 200,000 people. The public schools are outstanding and there are college preparatory and parochial private schools available. The city boasts many cultural activities, including the Amarillo Symphony and Opera, the Lone Star Ballet and a variety of theater gorups. Recreational activities are plentiful. Amarillo offers a spectacular botanical garden, numerous art galleries and museums, and outdoor activities, including golf, hiking and biking. The city is located minutes from Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the second largest canyon in the country, and is on Historic Route 66.
Visit us online at: https://www.nwths.com/careers
Position: PRN - Radiology/Imaging Technologist - Northwest Family Medicine on Coulter
- Operates ionizing radiation producing equipment, under licensure form the Bureau of Radiation Control through the State of Texas
- Develops film using the PACS system, prepares exam rooms and gathers supplies for ordered exams
- Ensures equipment is in working order and that the equipment is clean
- Assists the Radiologist and nurses to ensure the correct exam is performed in a safe environment
- Utilizes the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retention Bonus Program
- Loan Forgiveness Program
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune ; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. QualificationsEDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Current ARRT Texas License
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association (or obtained during orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment
- Ability to read, write and converse in English
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors and others
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Dosimetry badge must be worn at all times
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
- Bending, crouching, hand/finger dexterity, kneeling, lifting/carrying (50-75 pounds), grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling, stooping, twisting, prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Electrical and radiant energy hazards are present
- Ability to respond to pages, telephones, and other auditory stimulation
- Near visual acuity and depth perception to examine exposed film for pertinent detail
- Lead protective gloves and apron must be worn during certain procedures
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means. EEO Statement
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. Notice
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs/alertline.com