POSITION SUMMARY: Provides social services and discharge management services to patients and families; these functions contribute to the quality of continuum of care.
KEY PERFORMANCE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. SERVICE EXCELLENCE
Demonstrates the three service excellence competencies
II. HO USEWIDE REQUIREMENTS
Meets the organization's expectations regarding house-wide requirements
III. PROVISION OF SERVICES
Completes pre-discharge evaluations from patient/family interviews and healthcare team collaborations. Based on evaluation, develops a viable plan of intervention for current needs and potential discharge needs with consideration of illness/injury, living situation, support systems, and financial status.
JOB TITLE: Social Worker (BA/BSW) (BA/BSW)
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
1. Ability to read and write in English
2. Ability to speak and hear, to allow discussions with employees and peers.
3. Ability to cope with and remain calm under stress
4. Ability to respond to pages
5. Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
6. Bending and lifting (5-10 lbs), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling.
7. Ability to understand and interpret financial data
8. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
9. Ability to utilize critical thinking and prioritization.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS USED:
1. Telephone and Voice Mail
2. Service Specific Software packages
4. Paging system
5. Personal Computer
6. Various software packages for e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and database
7. Facsimile Machine
9. Audio/Visual Equipment, TV/VCR, Slide Projector, Overhead Projector, LCD
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree in social work or in related field with a minimum of two years experience preferred as licensed Social Worker (BA/BSW)
2. Licensed by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners or is eligible and agrees to obtain license within 6 months.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuhs.alertline.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd7a306b32f7243f1bd4608d82cc6d79b%7C3d1686d1b444415a93fd1aab58a64f3a%7C1%7C0%7C637308579810986670&sdata=Cqoe6%2BeNfe428E6rWfm%2B%2BuYlGWTS%2BI2F2s%2Be8t%2B8obA%3D&reserved=0 > or 1-800-852-3449.