Key Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Monitor and record data from processing lines to ensure compliance to regulatory and customer requirements
- Participate in pre-operational tasks
- Perform hold and release activities
- Perform sampling of ingredients and finished goods as needed or required for physical, chemical, and performance evaluations
- Perform sampling for microbiological testing, using aseptic sampling methods
- Perform chemical (NIR), physical, product performance an organoleptic testing on ingredients and finished goods
- Assists with environmental monitoring
- Communicate with Supervisors and Production whenever there is an out-of-compliance situation with the process or the product
Education and Experience
- Able to compute basic mathematical functions (i.e. averages, percentages and formulas).
- With training able to operate and or test specified equipment (i.e. FOSS fat analysis, ATP Unit, and Xray fat monitoring system).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with Quality Assurance, Production and Maintenance.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products and using a computer keyboard.
- High School diploma required
- Two years of food processing or similar experience
- Prolonged periods standing and walking
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach product and inspect equipment
- Must be able to visually inspect machines (for pre-operational duties)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Work in refrigerated rooms (35 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit)
SSI Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
SSI is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.