At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part Time Staff Assistants for our HAGY Child Care Center and Child Care Lab School, who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will provide support and customer service to quickly and effectively solve customer's needs.GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTSEDUCATION:Required:
High School Diploma or GED.Preferred:
Some College coursework in a related fieldEXPERIENCE:Preferred:
Experience working in Early Childhood profession.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Loving, nurturing disposition toward young children.
- Uphold high standards of child care center.
- Willing to keep top level quality of care.
- Assist staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Receive and greet visitors and students answer and route calls to main phone lines.
- Assists staff, students, and administrative personnel as needed work independently and as a team member.
- Work under the supervision of Lead Basic Skills Teacher to serve and promote and protect children's health and safety.
- Reads with and instructs children in early literacy and math.
- Attend training.
- Assist with laundry, kitchen, and perform other duties.
- Perform additional duties or job functions required and deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.Working Conditions:
This is a part time position; hours per week will not exceed 19 hours.Work Environment:
This job operates in a childcare environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.Salary:
Aligned with the current Amarillo College Salary Schedule for the represented position grade.Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non- appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.