Assistant Professor of Exercise ScienceAgency
West Texas A&M UniversityDepartment
Sports And Exercise ScienceProposed Minimum Salary
Canyon, TexasJob Type
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
West Texas A&M University's Sports and Exercise Sciences Department is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor position in Exercise Science. This is a tenure track faculty position with primary departmental emphasis on teaching in exercise physiology, science of strength training, and other exercise science courses. Individuals with a clear research agenda, preferably in the areas of chronic disease prevention, wellness, strength and conditioning, and community fitness particularly for underserved or rural populations are encouraged to apply.
Any questions regarding the position can be addressed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Gene Farren, at (806) 651-2376 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .Responsibilities:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in-person, online, and in a bi-modal (hybrid) format based on department needs;
- Overseeing activities of the Human Performance Research Laboratory and maintaining all needed compliance of the facility in accordance with University and Texas A&M University Systems policy;
- Providing academic and research advisement to undergraduate and graduate students;
- Conducting research in the area of exercise science/area of expertise;
- Promoting and sustaining interdisciplinary collaboration and research with faculty and/or professionals within the Texas Panhandle;
- Serving on committees and participating in official activities at the department, college and university levels.
- Candidate must hold a doctoral degree in Exercise Physiology or highly related field.
- Candidates who are ABD may be considered with the expectation that the doctoral degree is confirmed prior to the date of appointment.
- Successful candidates will possess evidence of coursework and/or teaching experience supporting the instructional emphases of exercise physiology, strength training, exercise testing and prescription, as well as support the undergraduate and graduate curricula of the department, which include exercise science, applied sport, physical education instruction, coaching, sport management, sport and exercise psychology, and athletic training.
- Preference given to candidate who has demonstrated a commitment to and ongoing evidence of quality teaching, scholarly activity, and professional service as well as excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ideal teammate will be highly motivated with a positive attitude toward collaboration, a visionary scientist committed to mentoring graduate and undergraduate research students, and demonstrated record of seeking extramural funding.
- In addition, preference will be given to candidates who hold certified certificates in exercise physiology and strength training.
Applicants must provide the following materials in order to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Teaching Philosophy;
- Research Statement;
- Three references (References will be contacted for candidates invited for an on-campus interview);
- Evidence of Effective Teaching.
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page before continuing through the application. Please use the "Upload" button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at email@example.com .
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.