At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first, for assisting students in every way.
Applications are accepted on a continual basis and kept on file for Part Time Clinical Instructor in our Licensed Vocational Nursing programs. Clinical Instructors work on an as needed basis, will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and will perform duties primarily related to the instruction of courses in assigned subject matter areas. GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTSEDUCATION:Preferred:
Associate Degree in Nursing or LVN's with multiple years of clinical experience may be considered. CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:Required:
Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas or Licensed Vocational Nurse.EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Nursing experience in the clinical area in which one is teaching.
- Evidence of competence in nursing skills.
- Evidence of continued education.
- Evidence of competence in patient care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Able to stand for long periods, to walk long distances, and to lift 50 lbs.
- Aware of an environment where there is a potential exposure to infectious diseases.
- Daytime, evening, early morning, and weekend work may be required.
- Demonstrate and maintain competence in the use of instructional technology/electronic health records.
- Attend briefings on clinical procedures and general program policy.
- Complete appropriate administrative paperwork and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Educate themselves regarding College policies.
- Ensure effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility.
- Assume responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and in the appropriate and safe use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, and be able to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.Working Environment:
This job may operate in a variety of clinical settings. Salary:
$25.00 per HourDiversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.