We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell in Amarillo, TX has an immediate need for a Facility Security Officer (FSO)
This FSO will provide full time on-site program security support to execute the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
requirement for US government classified contracts and comply with the Department of Defense (DoD) mandated security requirements. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management, maintenance, and execution of the Site's Communication Security (COMSEC) account site manager. Administers programs for handling and safeguarding classified and proprietary information.
- Serve as an assistant Defense Information Security System (DISS) / Joint Personnel Adjudication Systems (JPAS) Account Manager. Responsible for strict oversight of personnel security records and the processing of security clearance actions.
- Develop and conduct Security Education Training and Awareness (SETA) for Amarillo facilities.
- In coordination with the Bell Corporate FSO, plan, develop and implement effective Information Security (INFOSEC) and Operational Security (OPSEC) policies and procedures.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports detailing procedures to preclude future occurrences.
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain authorizations, interpretations, and acceptable deviations/exceptions to compliance with DoD regulations.
- Maintain Information Management Systems (Access Commander) for control of classified materials. Establishes and maintains databases for records of employee accesses and incoming and outgoing classified visits related to DoD classified visits.
- Maintain/assist with oversight of the company's Visitor Control Management Systems (VisiCommander). This system is the Department of Defense (DoD) Bell's official system of record.
- Record, control, transmit, transfer, dispatch and destroy US government classified information as required.
- Develop long-range plans for security systems, resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new systems, processes, and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Bell Sr. Physical Security Officer at the Amarillo Facility on all physical security matters.
- Participate in Bell/ Textron Companies internal Security Vulnerabilities Audits, Security Program Self-Inspections, Benchmarking, and Best Practices studies.
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant Program Security information to organizational leadership.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, work diplomatically with Bell employees and leadership for security solutions.
- Bachelor's degree OR in lieu of degree, at least 8 years of experience in industrial security or the US Military may be considered
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years' experience in defense contracting industry, U.S. military and/or federal government as a Facilities Security Officer (FSO) working within Department of Defense (DoD) and National Industrial Security Program (NISP) standards
- Must have Final Secret security clearance with a current background investigation within 4.5 years of applying
- Have completed Defense Counterintelligence Security Administration (DCSA) FSO Program Management Course for Processing Facilities
- Must have prior experience with Joint Personnel Adjudication Systems (JPAS) and Defense Information Security System (DISS)
- Experience with National Security Administration's (NSA) Communication Security (COMSEC)
- Experience with Documentation Control and Accountability
- Experience with Security Education Training and Awareness (SETA)
- Self-starter able to work and operate with minimal supervision
- Must be an effective communicator and have outstanding writing skills
- 3 - 4 years of experience as an Assistant FSO (AFSO)
- 2 years of experience working in Special Access Programs (SAP)
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.