Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
We are recruiting for the position of Senior Developer at Micro Technologies.
Micro Technologies is an established company here in Amarillo and has been in business for over 40 years. Micro is also now part of the incredibly successful company Amerisource Bergen who currently ranks in the top 25 of the Fortune 500. Micro has an extensive and impressive portfolio of technologies and is seeking a motivated individual to help us expand and support our software products. We strive to innovate and explore new technology so your creativity is welcome on our team!
Micro is seeking an experienced developer in Object Oriented programming. We program in many languages here at Micro, with a strong emphasis on Java. However, the position is open to all developers experienced in advanced development methodologies, .Net programmers for example.
Under the direction of the Manager of Software Development you will contribute to the software design and development activities here at Micro. Some of the responsibilities of this position will include:
1. Developing new applications, expanding functionality, and providing custom software and implementation solutions
2. Supporting existing applications and helping to maintain customer satisfaction
3. Writing extensive unit tests to support the development
4. Assisting and reviewing functional requirements to help create viable solutions
5. Creating detailed design documents and prototypes as necessary
6. Mentoring other developers and sharing experience / knowledge
7. Serving as a team leader, when assigned, to provide both leadership and to foster collaboration within and across the groups
8. Providing an overall contribution to the development and achievement of the ABTG organizational goals
9. Perform related duties as assigned
The position requires four (4) years or more of professional software development experience. The position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, a related field or an equivalent combination of experience / education. Other requirements are as follows:
Knowledge of the software development life cycle Knowledge of database structures, how to query them, and best practices Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions Demonstrates excellent quality and work closely with Quality Assurance team Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills Team focused and results oriented
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more...
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.