Position: Utilization Manager- Medical Practice Coordinator Nursing [0555-5] E
Program: Amarillo, Texas – Utilization Management
Salary: $58,406.40 – $62,171.20 Annually
Shift Available: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position serves as the Medical Practice Coordinator and will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring Utilization Management services with TPC staff and contracted providers, as well as documentation of such activities.
- Conducts utilization review and grants or denies “same-day” authorization requests for all behavioral health levels of care and services in accordance with HHSC UM Guidelines; monitors service delivery and outcomes to ensure services are not over-utilized or under-utilized; participates in and conducts provider training regarding the UM process, adherence to UM guidelines; and provides consultation when needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in the job:
- Current Licensure as an RN in the state of Texas, at least five (5) years experience in direct care of individuals with a chronic behavioral health diagnosis; at least five (5) years experience participating as a member of a treatment team that develops and monitors recovery/treatment plans for individuals with chronic and serious behavioral health diagnoses; documented training within the past three (3) years in psychopharmacology and medical/psychiatric co-morbidity; at least one (1) year experience supervising behavioral health providers; and demonstrated competence in performing UM and review activities.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable under agency vehicle policy
- Must be 18 years or age or older
Preferred qualifications to be successful in the job:
- Experience and knowledge related to behavioral health clinic structure and processes.
At TPC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Robust benefit offerings – Medical, Urgent Care visits for a low $10 co-pay, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (1.5 times employee’s salary)
- Employer Match up to 6% in the 403 (b) or 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – PTO accrual, Holidays and annual Floating Holiday
- Additional Supplemental Coverage available i.e. Disability, Accidental, Cancer, Critical Care, and Section 125 Flexible Spending Account Plan
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness