Position: Behavioral Health Registered Nurse II [0303-2] E
Program: Amarillo, Texas – Adult Medical Unit Behavioral Health
Salary: $53,257.84 Annually
Shift Available: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional psychiatric nursing services for the Outpatient Medication Units of TPC.
- Responsible for the care and treatment of assigned consumers in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards.
- Works closely with all TPC treatment team members and community partners to attend to the psychiatric needs of consumers.
- Interacts with consumers in a therapeutic manner and provides direct services in the area of medication, independent skills training and mental health education.
Required qualifications to be successful in the job:
- A Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in nursing from an accredited program
- One (1) year of work experience as an RN in a recognized health agency, hospital, or health care facility
- Licensed through the Texas State Board of Nursing Examiner (TXBNE) as a Registered Nurse (RN), plus one (1) year of work experience as an RN in a recognized health agency, hospital, or healthcare facility
- License must be current and in good standing
- Must be able to demonstrate compliance with a TXBNE’s rules and regulations to maintain required license
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable under agency vehicle policy
- Must be 18 years or age or older
Preferred qualifications to be successful in the job:
- Have knowledge of EMR.
- Previous experience in psychiatric nursing field.
At TPC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Robust benefit offerings – Medical, Urgent Care visits for a low $10 co-pay, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (1.5 times employee’s salary)
- Employer Match up to 6% in the 403 (b) or 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – PTO accrual, Holidays and annual Floating Holiday
- Additional Supplemental Coverage available i.e. Disability, Accidental, Cancer, Critical Care, and Section 125 Flexible Spending Account Plan
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness