Construction, maintenance, and repair of electronic devices and related equipment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Install burglar alarms;
- Use and care for electrical test equipment and tools
- Troubleshoot and repair burglar alarms;
- Repair central station equipment;
- Perform preventive maintenance; and
- Apply concepts of basic electricity;
- Apply concepts of basic electronics component theory;
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics;
- Apply concepts of alarm system operations;
- Apply concepts of fire codes; and
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have decision-making and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to work without supervision;
- Must have the ability to handle stress and balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously within a limited time frame;
- Must have considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction and repair of electrical and electronic equipment;
- Must have considerable knowledge of the principals of electronics;
- Must have the ability to read and interpret complex electronic schematic and wiring diagrams;
- Must have strong skills in the use of standard electronics shop tools and instruments;
- Must be able to work overtime hours; and
- Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Must have a current valid Texas drivers' license and proof of current liability auto insurance.