POSITION SUMMARY: The Env Svcs Wkr/Housekeeper position is responsible for cleaning duties to maintain a clean and aseptic environment throughout the hospital. The Env Svcs Wkr/Housekeeper position may be assigned to any one of several positions to include: patient areas cleaner, non-patient areas cleaner, trash technician, special care unit cleaner, and/or others positions as needed. Maintains a professional demeanor in accordance with the service excellence standards while interacting with patients, patient's families, (including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics) and coworkers
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work. Nurses are the heart of the hospital. That's why we're looking for nurses who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for nurses who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. Our nurses provide safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Nurses provide professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. We demonstrate Service Excellence standards at all times. Join us to make a difference. Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
A. Standing/Walking: Continuous. Worker is on his/her feet the majority of the day to perform the essential functions or the job.
B. Bending/Stooping (knees extended, standing with kneed flexed while standing/sitting): Frequent. Bending/stooping is required in most job activities, (i.e. washing furniture, sweeping trash into a dust pan, emptying trash, cleaning showers and tubs, etc.)
C. Lifting/Handling: Occasional. Workers may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
D. Carrying: Frequent. Workers are responsible for performing a push/pull motion when maneuvering cleaning cart, beds and furniture. This physical demand is also required when mopping.
E. Balancing: Occasional. Workers may be required to use ladders to reach high places to clean/disinfect.
F. Twisting/Turning: Occasional. Workers may be required to perform twisting/turning motions when moving carts and mopping.
G. Crouching/Stooping: Frequent. Workers may be required to crouch/stoop when cleaning/disinfecting.
H. Kneeling: Occasional. Kneeling is occasionally required in some job activities such as disinfecting/cleaning underneath equipment, beds, and bathroom fixtures and plumbing.
1) Greater than shoulder height: Occasional. Worker must be able to reach high places to clean/disinfect.
2) Equal to shoulder height: Frequent. Worker must be able to reach areas shoulder height to clean/disinfect.
3) Less than shoulder height: Frequent. Worker must be able to reach areas less than shoulder height to clean/disinfect.
J. Handling/Manual Dexterity: Continuous. Handling is required to grasp when mopping and sweeping.
1) Speaking: Continuous. Must be able to verbally communicate with co-workers, patients and visitors.
2) Hearing with or without correction: Continuous. Must be able to hear with or without correction within normal range.
3) Seeing with or without correction: Continuous. Must be able to see with or without correction within normal range.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS USED:
1. Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
2. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
3. Occasionally subjected to long and/or irregular hours.
4. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION: Ability to understand and communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Additionally, to be able to follow written and/or oral instructions, and to record completed assignments, required. A high school diploma or equivalent required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Previous experience not required.
3. TRAINING: 1-3 months.
4. LICENSURE, REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION: None