is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for allied health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. DISCLAIMER
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuhs.alertline.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd7a306b32f7243f1bd4608d82cc6d79b%7C3d1686d1b444415a93fd1aab58a64f3a%7C1%7C0%7C637308579810986670&sdata=Cqoe6%2BeNfe428E6rWfm%2B%2BuYlGWTS%2BI2F2s%2Be8t%2B8obA%3D&reserved=0 > or 1-800-852-3449.Qualifications
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Prefer one year full time or three years part time experience in acute care setting.
- CCRN, TNCC and Cardiovascular certification preferred for specialty units.
- 100% score on medication test - employee will have two chances to pass exam with remediation material available.
- BLS until ACLS is obtained
- ACLS completion within three (3) months after hire or promotion.
- Must pass EKG, Blood Gas Analysis and BKAT exam with a score of 85% upon completion of didactic/computer orientation program - employee will have two chances to pass exams with remediation material available. **Experienced critical care nurses may test out of didactic/computer orientation with a score of 85% on the Blood Gas Analysis and BKAT exam.
- Satisfactory return demonstration of competencies required for critical care specific processes and equipment.
- **Employment is dependent on passing above exams and competencies.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Ability to respond to pages
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions.
- Ability to repeatedly twist, squat and stoop.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS USED:
- Bending, lifting (minimum of 25 pounds), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Exposure to infectious organisms, agents, and toxic chemicals
- On call shift coverage as required by department.
- Paging system
- Facsimile machine
- Invasive and non-invasive monitoring devices
- IV regulatory devices
- Pyxis Medication Dispensing Units
- Others specific to area