Harrington Cancer Center is a department within the BSA Health System and has provided care for oncology patients throughout the Texas Panhandle for over 30 years. Harrington Cancer Center sees over 100 patients a day and sees all patients of all ages. Job Summary:
Responsible for the efficient communication of information to patients in all matters related to their schedule. This position interfaces with all departments of the Center and assists in coordinating multiple phases of the patient's plan of care. Education/Licenses/Certifications :
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Certification or degree in medical office management preferred with one-year previous clinical office experience required
- Must have a strong background in medical office management or medical facility and strong medical terminology.
- Possesses keyboard data entry skills and working knowledge of computers and basic office equipment.
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapidly changing situations.
- Ability to deal with employees, patients, physicians, and visitors in stressful situations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all healthcare professionals.
- Must have good communication, computer skills, and good team building skills.
- Must have excellent customer service.
- Bilingual preferred.
- The desire to work in an atmosphere that provides quality healthcare in Christian love, service, and dignity.